Position Title: Mechanical Drafter
Location: Baytown, TX
This position is responsible for mechanical equipment design from concept through the development of final layouts and bills of material. Individuals will review, interpret and support the development of specifications, develop concept sketches, develop final layouts and bill of material; as well as support manufacturing to build desired equipment, and resolve mechanical commissioning issues. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, to perform essential job functions.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Data Base entries for engineering department. Complete Engineering change request and Engineering forms for jobs. Release drawings, documents, and procedures to the plant floor.
• Make suggestions in the design of products for new equipment and how to perform the production from a mechanical or fabrication perspective.
• Creates all necessary deliverables for Engineering drawing release and production BOM’s in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (ERP).
• Know how to calculate weight, and volume of parts.
• Executes equipment design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications, and technical documentation.
• Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principals, company standards, customer requirements, and project specifications. Applies design standards and generic design patterns.
• Microsoft Dynamics NAV (ERP).
• Review and interpret mechanical specifications.
• Develop concept sketches for mechanical devices related to assembly systems.
• Create detailed assembly, weldment and part, drawings, and check drawings for proper detailing in AutoCAD 2014, Inventor 2014 or SolidWorks 2014 or higher.
• Create all necessary deliverables for engineering release including bill of material (BOM), and then release BOM for procurement and fabrication.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Performs mathematical calculations to work out detailed additions to specifications.
• Make corrections, revisions, and changes to P& l D I Schematic layouts in AutoCAD as directed.
• May work with engineers, engineering technicians, or industrial machinery installation, repair and maintenance workers.
Preferred Education, Experience & Certification
• Education level or comparable equivalent in experience: Drafter tech degree – 2-year program.
• Autodesk Inventor 2014 or higher, Solid Works 2014 or Higher and AutoCAD.
• Working knowledge of document control systems, Auto desk vault (aplys), and Solid works EPDMS.
• Minimum of years of experience 3 years.
• Proficiency test may be required.
Required Education and Experience
• Associate of Science or greater.
• 3 years of applicable experience.
• Experience in 3D Solid modeling using Autodesk Inventor is highly desirable.
• Other applicable technology experience would be direct experience with Adobe, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point is required.
• AutoCAD 2014 or greater.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Professionalism is a must.
• Effective Communication.
• Technology Adaptability.
Employee is continually required to talk and hear. Must be able to stand or walk on feet for long periods of time.
• Employee is continually required to talk and hear.
• Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
• Must have full mobility in bending and squatting.
• Must be able to stand or walk on feet.
• Work is performed primarily indoors in a controlled temperature environment, but not limited to outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals outdoors. (PPE Provided)
• Report safety hazards
• Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury or property damage
• Wear appropriate PPE as instructed
• Comply with all safety policies, procedures and rules
• Refuse any unsafe task or operation
• Participation in safety meetings and training
• Keep constant awareness of their personal safety and that of coworkers
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No regular travel is expected for this position. Intermittent trips may be required; not expected to exceed 10%.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.