Warehouse Manager (Malaysia)
Position Title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
This position is responsible for managing the warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision; overseeing receiving, distribution, and maintenance operations; and setting up layout and ensuring efficient space utilization.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Warehouse management for BT & PLC plant.
- Safety stock monitoring and control.
- Fulfill all internal customer needs.
- Monitor material demand and flow.
- Liaise with planner and procurement on demand planning.
- Take lead in stock take activities.
- External stock monitoring and control.
- WMS implementation.
- Take full charge of stock accuracy.
- Ad-hoc project management.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in any field with 5 years in Warehouse management.
- Or, minimum 15 years in warehouse management (rank & file).
- Experience in Operations/Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Iron & Steel industries.
- Experience with ERP systems, WMS barcoding system.
- Experience in inventory management or control.
- Able to lead warehouse team members.
- Listen actively.
- Clear communication.
- Help advance project goals.
- Leadership ability.
- Critical thinking.
- Collaborative skills.
- Allocate the right work to the right people.
Employee is continually required to talk and hear. Must be able to stand or walk on feet for long periods of time. Lifting, bending, squatting, and climbing with a ladder required.
Office and manufacturing floor, noise, extreme temperatures. Open air and exposure to dust and fumes related to the industry well within safety standards.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury, or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed. PPE (shoes, steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs), etc.
- Strong safety minded individuals.
- Awareness of occupational hazards.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe tasks or operations.
- Participation in safety meetings and training, where required.
- Be aware of personal safety as well as that of team members to promote a safe work environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employees must adapt to schedule changes as required due to business needs. Overtime is a condition of employment. This position could require weekends, holidays, and on-call.
No regular travel is required.
Taylor-Wharton Malaysia is an EEO Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.