Entry Level Control Engineer
In this role the Control Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing, and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery, and process.
• Design and developing new control systems including program.
• Testing, maintaining, and modifying existing systems including client site.
• Analyzing data and presenting findings in written reports.
• Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, and other internal staff.
• Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors, and relevant authorities.
• Project management within cost and time constrained environments.
• Providing advice and consultancy support.
• Present/review design with others including customer.
• Must be detailed oriented and self-motivated.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Must understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
• May work with engineers, engineering technicians, or industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance workers.
• Develop and review AutoCAD drawings.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Must communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand and be able to perform their functions.
Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent.
• Recent Graduate.
Must have the ability to read, write and speak basic English.
• 1+ years pressure vessel/Cryogenic tanks experience.
• ASME Section VIII, Div.1 Pressure Vessel code.
• SolidWorks 2018 to present.
• EPDM Vault.
• Collaboration Skills.
• Ethical Conduct & Practice.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Problem solving and time management skills.
• SolidWorks, Solid Edge, or Inventor.
• Self- motivated and highly organized.
• Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
Sitting for long periods of time. Walking, standing, continually required to talk and hear, must have mobility in bending, and squatting, must be able to walk on feet, must be able to climb a latter, PC work. Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs.
Plant and office environment. High volumes of PC work. Work is performed primarily in a controlled temperature environment, but not limited to outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions. Manufacturing shop floor, noise, extreme temperatures both high and low in the work, Monday through Friday, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Report safety hazards.
• Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury, or property damage.
• Wear appropriate PPE as instructed. PPE (shoes, steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs), etc.
• Strong safety minded individual.
• Awareness of occupational hazards.
• Osha 30 preferred.
• Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and rules.
• Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
• Participation in safety meetings and training.
• Be aware of personal safety as well as that of team members to promote a safe work environment.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full time status.
No regular travel is expected for this position. Intermittent trips may be required; not expected to exceed 50%.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.