Location: Shah Alam, Selangor
Functional Area: Human Resources
Exemption Classification: Exempt
Responsible for fulfilling a wide variety of human resources administrative duties including posting open positions, E-Leave, on-boarding, recruitment, employee relations, payroll processing, benefits administration, conducting training sessions, and general administrative support. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential function in an acceptable manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBIITIES & SKILLS
- Providing direct administrative support to the organization executives to include scheduling, email correspondence, meeting planning, research, office logistics and general assistance.
- Post all open positions with the respective platform and local agencies to meet compliance requirements as well as to increase the candidate pool.
- Promote the organization to candidates, external providers and partners to enhance our brand and image.
- Assist in the recruitment processes such as campus events, screening applications and resumes and scheduling interviews.
- Lead in the orientation processing for new hires such as E-Leave, composing employee files, benefits enrollment, and data entry for payroll processing.
- Collect and analyze data relative to compliance reporting requirements to ensure it is handled on a timely and accurate basis.
- Research and respond to general inquiries from team members and escalate issues whenever appropriate.
- Ensure that compliance postings are current and placed at locations where all employees can access the information.
- Process incoming calls on the compliance hotline as appropriate.
- Provide intake of employee questions and complaints, collecting all relevant information and providing to HR leadership promptly if unable to resolve.
- Preparing or updating employment records relating to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.
- Manage all logistics for routine meetings and events; assist with unique events as they occur.
- Assist with global HR services as needed.
- Maintain Organizational Chart.
- Cover the front receptionist desk as needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills with an ability to speak and relate to all employees in the organization.
- Ability to interpret English to local language verbally and written.
- Ability to present on a high level.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in all situations with an exceptional ability to manage confidential information.
- A high-level of executive support and project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands for limited resources.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality good judgement and discretion.
- Self-driven to complete tasks and take initiative on projects that need to be completed.
- Significant project management skills; strong organizational aptitude.
- A degree of creativity, curiosity and latitude is expected to provide non-traditional troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Familiar with general employment laws.
- Filing and record keeping capability for HR offices.
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong software skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 5 years of experience in an HR or Administrative role (or a combination of the two)
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English
- 5 years of experience in a HR related role
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Work is performed primarily indoors in a controlled temperature environment, but infrequent exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes and airborne particles, chemicals in the plant and outdoors in close proximity to the plant.
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed and whenever in proximity of the plant floor
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures and rules
- Refuse and report any unsafe task or operation
- Participation in safety meetings and training
- Keep constant awareness of personal safety and that of coworkers
- The duties above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute and employment agreement between the employer and employee and may be subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and job change.
Eligibility to work in Malaysia with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton Malaysia is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.