Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
Position Title: Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
Location: Baytown, TX
This position is responsible for development of new designs, methods and procedures to improve existing technologies. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, to perform essential job functions.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principals.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry codes, code conforming components, raw materials, fasteners, fittings, and common construction, fabrication, finishing, and assembly techniques. Performs basic and advanced computer aided calculations to assure materials are sized properly to ASME Section 8, Division 1 Codes. Also, adheres to compressed gas association codes, USDOT Federal Rail Association code.
- Oversee installations, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- May work with engineers, engineering technicians, or industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance workers.
Required Education, Experience & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• + 4 years of pressure vessel experience, preferably with a strong background in cryogenic industry.
Preferred Education, Experience & Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Solid works Inventor 3D software and MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Background in Pressure vessels is a plus.
- Experience in 3D Solid modeling using Autodesk Inventor is highly desirable.
- Other applicable technology experience would be direct experience with Adobe, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point is required.
- AutoCAD 2014 or greater.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism is a must.
- Effective Communication.
- Technology Adaptability.
- Employee is continually required to talk and hear.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must have full mobility in bending and squatting.
- Must be able to stand or walk on feet.
- Work is performed primarily indoors in a controlled temperature environment, but not limited to outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals outdoors well within safety standards. (PPE Provided)
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
- Participation in safety meetings and training.
- Keep constant awareness of their personal safety and that of coworkers.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
No regular travel is expected for this position. Intermittent trips may be required; not expected to exceed 10%.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.