This position is responsible for ensuring that employees follow company policies and procedures for safety and in the production of goods. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, to perform essential job functions.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in and ensure the timely manufacture of a quality product.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Effectively communicate expectations and direction to employees.
- Coach employees on how to archive an optimal output or workflow.
- Maintain efficient workflow by monitoring personnel and resources.
- Assist with design/layout of production floor operations.
- Ensure equipment operation through regular inspection and employee training.
- Implement management directives.
- Implement cost-saving strategies and techniques.
- Resolve personnel problems through analysis, investigation, solutions, and actions.
- Provide reports and updates to upper management.
- Recruit, hire, and train employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Production Supervisor has direct supervisory responsibilities and serves as a coach and mentor for those on his team.
Required Education, Experience & Certification
- Bachelors degree or years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Previous supervisor experience required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous hands on experience in the following: pipefitting, electrical, instrumentation, and welding preferred.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Experienced in planning and conducting evaluations, surveys, and measurements; strong written and verbal communication skills; proficient with MS Office tools; attention to detail.
- Listen actively.
- Clear communication.
- Help advance project goals.
- Experience with ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Leadership ability.
- Risk Management know what could go wrong.
- Critical thinking.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Allocate the right work to the right people.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
Employee is continually required to talk and hear. Must be able to stand or walk on feet for long periods of time. Lifting to a maximum of 50 lbs., bending, squatting, confined space requirements, laying on your back, crawling, climbing with a ladder, and harness system up to six (6) feet high.
Office and manufacturing floor, confined space, noise, extreme temps both high and low. Open air, and exposure to dust and fumes related to the industry well within safety standards.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury, or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed. PPE (shoes, steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs), etc.
- Strong safety minded individual.
- Awareness of occupational hazards.
- OSHA 30 preferred.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
- Participation in safety meetings and training.
- Be aware of personal safety as well as that of team members to promote a safe work environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employee must adapt to schedule changes as required due to business needs. Over time is a condition of employment. This position could require weekends, holidays, and on-call.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.