Position Title: Semi-Mechanic
Location: Baytown, TX
Job Shift: Swing
This position is responsible for assembling, maintaining and repairing machinery. To perform and ensure functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, to perform essential job functions.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing semi-truck and trailer bodies, systems, and components.
- Performing preventative maintenance measures on semi-trucks and trailers.
- Assembling and dissembling vehicle engines and cleaning the fuel tanks.
- Maintaining hubs and axles and adjusting or replacing them when required.
- Inspecting, servicing, and replacing trailer parts, including tires.
- Checking and repairing the brake, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Testing all systems and equipment for performance issues.
- Ensuring that trailers meet the U.S. Department of Transportation’s road safety requirements.
- Compiling inspection reports, documenting repairs, and reporting all findings to management.
- Responding as soon as possible to client queries.
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours, to include nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education level or comparable equivalent in experience.
- High School/GED equivalent required.
- Needs to have knowledge of material types.
- Knowledge of air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and ABS brake systems preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a trailer mechanic.
- A valid driver’s license.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle systems, such as hydraulics, air brakes, and electrical systems.
- Extensive experience with vehicle diagnostic equipment.
- Exceptional understanding of mechanical and technical information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Manual dexterity, experience with hand tools, and physical strength.
- Welding or fabrication experience preferred.
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification. (preferred)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Must supply own personal tools.
- Additional duties as directed by management.
- Workmanship must be maintained to adequate quality control level to meet customer requirements.
- Work well with others on the team as it relates to collaboration efforts.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak basic English.
- Must maintain and follow all company rules as stated in company Code of Conduct and Policies.
- Effective communication.
- Strong math skills.
- Technology Adaptability.
- Lift pull or push up to 40 lbs.
- Must have full mobility in bending and squatting.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and complete any necessary as needed.
- Must be able to stand or walk on feet throughout duration of the shift.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Work is performed primarily in the shop/outdoors during all shifts, exposed to changing weather conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- The employee is exposed to noise, dust, fumes, and airborne particles well within safety standards. (PPE Provided).
- Moderate vibration through hands when using power tools and through body while operating power industrial equipment.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe tasks or operation.
- Participation in safety meetings and training.
- Keep constant awareness of their personal safety and that of coworkers.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
No regular travel is expected for this position.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation