Sr. Application Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Engineering
In this role the Senior Application Engineer is responsible for estimates costs and consults with the sales team on technical matters. Review customer’s specification and recommends specific product / solutions to meet customer needs. Works with engineers / drafters to full fill customer requirement to product / system by designing, developing, installing, managing, and maintaining equipment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory.
- Reviews customer’s technical need (Specification / Drawings)
- Estimates costs
- Recommends specific products / service solution
- Prepare require documents (including ASME/CGA calculation) /drawings for customer proposal
- Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, and other internal staff.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors, and relevant authorities.
- Project management within cost and time constrained environments.
- Providing advice and consultancy support.
- Present/review design with others including customer.
- Must be detailed oriented and self-motivated.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Must understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
- May work with engineers, engineering technicians, or industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance workers.
- Develop and review AutoCAD drawings.
- May conduct user training, supervise, and guide the work of lower level.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Must communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand and be able to perform their functions.
- Design and developing new control systems including program.
- Testing, maintaining, and modifying existing systems including client site.
- Analyzing data and presenting findings in written reports.
Required Education, Experience & Certification
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of related experience.
Must have the ability to read, write and speak basic English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+ years pressure vessel/Cryogenic tanks experience.
- ASME Section VIII, Div.1 Pressure Vessel code.
- SolidWorks 2018 to present.
- EPDM Vault.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Ethical Conduct & Practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and time management skills.
- SolidWorks, Solid Edge, or Inventor.
- Self- motivated and highly organized.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
Sitting for long periods of time. Walking, standing, continually required to talk and hear, must have mobility in bending, and squatting, must be able to walk on feet, must be able to climb a latter, PC work. Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs.
Plant and office environment. High volumes of PC work. Work is performed primarily in a controlled temperature environment, but not limited to outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions. Manufacturing shop floor, noise, extreme temperatures both high and low in the work, Monday through Friday, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury, or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Participation in safety meetings and training.
- Be aware of personal safety as well as that of team members to promote a safe work environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full time status.
No regular travel is expected for this position. Intermittent trips may be required; not expected to exceed 50%.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.