Position Title: Accounting Clerk
Location: Baytown, TX
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring accounting records and reports are accurate, complete and prepared in accordance with GAAP and consistent with corporate policy. This position is responsible for ensuring that accurate amounts are recorded for the balance sheet and income statement and assist in timely supporting reconciliations. Supports other areas as needed.
- Performs timely and accurate general accounting and support.
- Verifying the accuracy of vendor invoices, customer invoices, and other accounting documents or records.
- Communicate with all customers and vendors.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records.
- Maintain all receipts and records for accounting.
- Entry of data into the NAV system.
- Reconcile voucher reports and P.O.’s and enter all invoices for P.O.’s
- Weekly check runs.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Receive and deposit checks and wires and reconcile customer balances.
- Collections and post of payments for customers and credit cards.
- Set up bank wires and enter various journal entries.
- Assist with tax filings such as 1099s, FET and Sales Tax.
- Provides assistance with external audit and General Ledger projects.
- Assist with special projects assigned by management.
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential.
- Month end, quarterly, and annual month end duties as assigned.
- Participate in physical inventories.
- Assist with switchboard as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration or a comparable equivalent number of years of experience plus two years of accounting experience. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Financial Management
- Experience with ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics)
- General Accounting
- Collaboration Skills
- Ethical Conduct & Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation & Persuasion
- Change Leadership and Learning Agility
- This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer equipment, phones, scanners, copiers and fax machines.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. High volumes of PC work associated with reporting, accounting and financial statement production. Some walking in the manufacturing environment as needed.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed with approval from the Director of Finance, but the employee must work 40 hours each week to maintain full time status. In addition to regular work hours this position can include nights, weekends, holidays, as required. All overtime must be authorized in advance by management.
No regular travel is expected for this position. Intermittent trips may be required; not expected to exceed 10%.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.