CAD Designer I
Position Title: CAD Designer I
Location: Baytown, TX
This position is responsible for development of new designs, methods and procedures to improve existing In this role, the CAD Designer I will be responsible for creating and revising specific engineering projects. This includes but is not limited to, engineering legacy drawing / model conversions, redlines, and as-builts; which may require shop measurement take-offs. Responsible for mechanical equipment design from concept through the development of final layouts. Reviews, interprets and supports the development of specifications, develops concept sketches, develops final layouts and Bills of Material, supports manufacturing and build of equipment, and resolves mechanical commissioning issues. Meet established deadlines, goals, and assist in generating professional and comprehensive technical design packages using Computer Aided Design software’s. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, to perform essential job functions.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and
• Executes equipment design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications, and technical documentation.
• Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications. Applies design standards and generic design patterns.
• Develops and designs mechanical solutions for equipment of different kinds that provides specified and required functionality and cost effectiveness.
• Develop concept sketches for mechanical devices related to assembly systems.
• Create details drawings and check drawings for proper detailing.
• Create all necessary deliverables for engineering to Production Control
• May work with engineers, engineering technicians, or industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance workers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience & Certification
• Solidworks Training Certificate or equivalent.
• Minimum 1-5 years of experience with 3D Solid Modeling
• SolidWorks 2018 to present (preferred)
• Working knowledge of Document Control / ERP systems
• AutoCAD 2014 or greater
• Familiar with ANSI/ASME Y14.5 drafting standards
Preferred Education and Experience
• 1-3 years pressure vessel experience.
• Background in transport systems
• ASME Section VIII, Div.1 Pressure Vessel code.
• NAV ERP system experience
• EPDM Vault
• Routing Environment experience
• Effective C
• Collaboration Skills
• Ethical Conduct & Practice
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving and time management skills
• SolidWorks, Solid Edge, or Inventor
• Self- motivated and highly organized
• Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
Sitting for long periods of time. Walking, standing, continually required to talk and hear, must have mobility in bending, and squatting, must be able to walk on feet, must be able to climb a latter, PC work. Must be able to lift up-to 50 lbs.
Plant and office environment. High volumes of PC work. Work is performed primarily in a controlled temperature environment, but not limited to outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions. Manufacturing shop floor, noise, extreme temperatures both high and low in the work, Monday through Friday, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Report safety hazards.
• Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury or property damage.
• Wear appropriate PPE as instructed.
• Comply with all safety policies, procedures and rules.
• Participation in safety meetings and training.
• Be aware of personal safety as well as that of team members to promote a safe work environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full time status.
No regular travel is expected for this position. Intermittent trips may be required; not expected to exceed 10%.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.