Position Title: Hydraulic Technician
Location: Baytown, TX
This position is responsible for troubleshooting and maintenance of truck mounted equipment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to read, follow, and troubleshoot hydraulic schematics.
- Must have experience and knowledge of 12Volt electrical.
- Must be able to read and comprehend general arrangement drawings.
- Good mechanical skills and basic parts fabrication skills.
- Properly install PTO and Hydraulic pumps.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean area at the end of each shift.
- Respect property and tools of TWA.
- Must be able to weld MIG & TIG Carbon and Stainless out of position.
- Must have basic Aluminum welding skills.
- Must be skilled to use Plasma torch.
- Operate tools: Grinder, Sander, Drill, Band saw, Chop saw, and saw all sheet metal.
- Must be experienced to perform tasks with oxygen acetylene touch.
- Pressure up and test tanks.
- Cool down and cold shock vessels.
- Interpret measurements to ensure accuracy.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Read parts list.
- Analytical Skills as it relates to Miter cuts.
- Needs to be able to use and read a tape measure.
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours, to include nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education level or comparable equivalent in experience.
- High School/GED equivalent required. No certifications required.
- Minimum years of experience 3 year in a manufacturing setting, with sheet metal layout experience.
- Needs to have knowledge of material types.
Required/ Preferred Education, Experience & Certification:
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Must supply own personal tools.
- Additional duties as directed by management.
- Workmanship must be maintained to adequate quality control level to meet customer requirements.
- Work well with others on the team as it relates to collaboration efforts.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak basic English.
- Must maintain and follow all company rules as stated in company Code of Conduct and Policies.
- Effective communication.
- Strong math skills.
- Technology Adaptability.
- Employee is continually required to talk and hear.
- Lift pull or push up to 40 lbs.
- Must have full mobility in bending and squatting.
- Must be able to climb a latter and complete any necessary job off of a ladder as needed.
- Must be able to stand or walk on feet throughout duration of the shift.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Work is performed primarily in the shop/outdoors during all shifts, exposed to changing weather conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- The employee is exposed to noise, dust, fumes, and airborne particles well within safety standards. (PPE Provided).
- Moderate vibration through hands when using power tools and through body while operating power industrial equipment.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe tasks or operation.
- Participation in safety meetings and training.
- Keep constant awareness of their personal safety and that of coworkers.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Schedule could change based on business needs.
No regular travel is expected for this position.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
Taylor-Wharton America is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to the dynamic nature of the business.