Industrial Engineer- Intern
We are looking for an Industrial Engineer to join our team and help us monitor our current operations to ensure our organization is as efficient as possible. Industrial Engineer responsibilities include ensuring products meet established quality standards and reducing inefficiency. They analyze operations and design workflows and production processes to reduce loss along the way while still meeting customer needs. Ultimately, you will work with organizational leaders and other Engineers to maximize productivity and reduce wastefulness in the production process.
• Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades
• Reviewing production schedules, processes, specifications and related information
• Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste
• Design control systems to minimize costs and production issues
• Develop design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel
• Prepare material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses and estimated production costs
• Design the layout of facilities and determine personnel requirements
• Train staff for new processes and provide instructions and manuals
Requirements and Skills:
• Proven work experience as an Industrial Engineer or similar role
• Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes and standards
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and presentation abilities
• Troubleshooting expertise and attention to detail
• Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field preferred
• Listen actively.
• Clear communication.
• Help advance project goals.
• Experience with ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics).
• Leadership ability.
• Risk Management know what could go wrong.
• Critical Thinking.
• Meeting Management.
• Collaboration Skills.
• Allocate the right work to the right people.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings.
Employee is continually required to talk and hear. Must be able to stand or walk on feet for long periods of time. Lifting to a maximum of 50 lbs., bending, squatting, confined space requirements, laying on your back, crawling, climbing with ladder with harness system up to six (6) feet high.
Work is performed in both indoors in a controlled temperature environment and outdoors exposed to Inclement weather, changing weather conditions temperatures, both high and low in the work environment all the time, manufacturing shop floor, noise, occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals outdoors, Monday through Friday, weekends, and holidays.
• Report safety hazards.
• Immediately report incidents involving illness, injury, or property damage.
• Wear appropriate PPE as instructed. PPE (shoes, steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs), etc.
• Strong safety minded individual.
• Awareness of occupational hazards.
• Osha 30 preferred.
• Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and rules.
• Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
• Participation in safety meetings and training.
• Be aware of personal safety as well as that of team members to promote a safe work environment.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Employee must adapt to schedule changes as required due to business needs. This position could require weekends, holidays, and on-call 24/7.
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.