Safety, Health and Environment Officer (SHO)
Position Title: Safety, Health and Environment Officer (SHO)
Coordinates safety, health and environment activities for TWM and comply to all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements including DOSH, BOMBA and DOE.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct Occupational Safety, Health and Environment workplace scheduled and random inspection.
- Routine walk-about/inspection.
- In-house training/induction/briefing to employee.
- Safety briefing/tool-box meeting for contractor.
- Accident Investigation Team coordinator, tracking of incident report closure and corrective as well preventive actions.
- Secretary for HSE Committee, coordinating and issuance of minute of meeting (in compliance to OSH (Safety & Health Committee) Regulations.
- Issuance of Permit to Work and Hot Work Permit, monitoring of compliance.
- Hazard identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control identification for each work process/department.
- Government liaison: Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH), Department of Environment (DOE), Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia (BOMBA)
- NADAPOD (to DOSH) reporting; JKKP 6, JKKP 7 & JKKP 8
- Account owner and moderator for myJKKP (DOSH) & BLESS (BOMBA).
- Planning, coordinating and data review as well as corrective action planning for health, safety & environment monitoring:
Occupational Safety & Health Acts:
- Chemical Exposure Monitoring
- Health Surveillance, dust exposure and radiation worker
- Workplace inspection
- Certificate of fitness for machineries, chain hoist and compressor
Environmental Quality Acts:
- Waste water monitoring, drain water
- Air emission stack monitoring
Factories and Machinery Acts:
- Boundary noise
- Noise mapping (area)
- Audiometric testing
- Hearing conservation program
- Respirator fit test
- LEV monitoring
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Training Coordinator: Firefighting training, First Aid, CPR training
- Coordinator for plant evacuation drill
- Administrative documentation
- Draft, review and revise of job safety analysis, safety operating procedure and work instruction.
- Chemical register for each location
- Compilation of MSDS for each chemical.
- HSE performance matrix, man-hour vs safety performance
- To carry out other tasks as and when required by HOD or the Company.
Required Education, Experience & Certification
- Possess at least a Diploma in Engineering/Environmental/Health/Safety
- 2-5 years related working experience preferably in pressure vessel or industrial gas related industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable in ISO 9001:2015 QMS documentation
- Registered Safety and Health Officer (SHO) to DOSH – Green Book Holder